As a medical provider, we know caring for patients is your first priority. Here’s what you need to know to make the process as simple as possible.


State regulations dictate how you should request authorization for treatment:

  • Make your request in writing for a specific course of proposed medical treatment.
  • Use the DWC Request for Authorization form.
  • Identify both the employee and yourself, identify specifically the recommended treatment or treatments, provide documentation substantiating the need for the requested treatment.
  • Sign your request as the treating physician and fax it to the number of the regional office handling the claim below.

Additional information about the required forms and access to them is available at California’s Department of Industrial Relations, Division of Workers’ Compensation.

To request treatment authorization, please send your request for authorization to the dedicated UR fax number of the regional office handling the claim.

State Fund Regional Office

Dedicated UR Fax #


(707) 646-6801

Bay Area Claims Services - Pleasanton

(707) 646-6291

Eureka State Contracts

(707) 646-2682


(707) 646-6592

Inland Empire Claims Services - Riverside

(707) 646-6020

Los Angeles Claims Services - Monterey Park

(707) 646-2649

Major Case Operations

(707) 646-2683

Major Case Operations State Contracts

(707) 646-2690

Orange County Claims  - Santa Ana

(707) 646-2462


(707) 646-6939

Riverside State Contracts

(707) 646-0738

Rohnert Park State Contracts

(707) 646-0584

Sacramento State Contracts

(707) 646-0438

Santa Ana State Contracts

(707) 646-0826


(707) 646-8125

Vacaville State Contracts

(707) 646-2681