Skip to content
Who we are
- Established in 1914 by the state legislature, State Fund is California's stable provider of workers' compensation insurance and a vital asset to California businesses. State Fund supports California's entrepreneurial spirit and plays a stabilizing role in the economy by providing fairly priced workers' compensation insurance, making California workplaces safe, and restoring injured workers.
- With approximately 112,000 policyholders, more than $1 billion in premiums, and nearly $21 billion in assets, State Fund is a necessary, competitive force in California’s economy.
- Completely self supporting, State Fund plays a stabilizing role in California’s economy by maintaining an open door policy that ensures that all employers have a strong and stable option for their workers’ compensation needs.
What we do
- We provide dependable workers’ compensation coverage to California employers, both large and small, and direct medical treatment and indemnity benefits to California’s injured workers.
- We service our policyholders through our seasoned claims adjusters, professional loss control representatives, industrial hygienists, and ergonomics specialists located throughout the state.
- Our employees provide full services for employers and their injured workers and work to keep costs down.
- We ensure our policyholders get maximum value for their workers' compensation dollar through customized loss control services, medical cost management, and anti-fraud efforts.
Who we serve
- We serve all Californians, and we are the only workers’ compensation provider with a commitment to providing workers’ compensation insurance to all California businesses, from the smallest start-up to the largest operations.
How we serve
- State Fund has become a model for the industry and other states by stressing stability, offering coverage at cost, and providing required benefits promptly and fairly.
- We are California based, and unlike most national carriers, we maintain regional offices across the state.