A workplace injury is stressful and can take a toll on you and your business. But managing a workers’ comp claim when an employee is injured doesn’t have to be complicated. We’ll help you navigate the entire process with care, compassion, and expertise. It’s our job to make the process as smooth and simple as possible, while ensuring the injured worker receives the help they need to get back to work. We help by providing:
- A dedicated team of claim adjusters. Each of our adjusters is a specialist in the different types or stages of a claim. They will analyze each claim to develop and implement a strategy to get your worker back to work while helping to lessen the impact on your business.
- Online access to claim information. State Fund Online gives you access to all of your claim information. There, you’ll find accurate, up-to-date claims details, be able to message your adjuster, upload files, view claims and safety reports, and much more.
- Free training to help you understand the claims process. Our videos and webinars are designed to help you understand the claims process by walking you through each step of a claim so you know just what to expect if an injury occurs.
Addressing the opioid epidemic. Over the last decade, the opioid crisis has been an epidemic. In 2014, we identified trends that opioid prescriptions and abuse was on the rise, and injured workers were at risk. We took action by launching the Opioid Reduction Program to encourage physicians to avoid or reduce prescribing opioids to injured workers, and to educate workers about the risks of using opioids to manage pain.
Our efforts are paying off. From 2014-2021, we saw:
- A nearly 80 percent decrease in the number of claimants on any opioid prescription.
- A 91 percent reduction in the number of workers taking high doses of opioids.